Deepen your design thinking skills and techniques
***This class is subject to change***
***Changes, if necessary, will be updated here***
- We are very excited to announce that we are running an advanced design thinking workshop with a Director at Stanford d.school.
- The workshop will be hands-on, friendly and interactive.
- A high-intensity, short-format workshop to learn and practice some advanced concepts of design thinking.
- Workshop will be a mix of lectures, discussion, and hands-on exercises. In sections of the workshop, participants will apply tools to their own product or business challenges, thus advancing thinking on their own work.
- The content and methodology are intended to expose participants to skills and concept to apply design thinking in their business context
- Leaders who wish to improve the performance of their projects for innovation
- Senior Managers directly charged with exploring opportunities for new business
- Professionals who would like to interact with others from diverse backgrounds
- When to apply Design Thinking, and how to best scope and frame the design project work.
- Elements of Systems Thinking, and the integration of them with Design Thinking.
- Advanced tools of synthesis to apply in design projects and in everyday work.
- Already understand basic of design thinking process and tools, as this class focuses on advanced techniques of it
- Be enthusiastic to learn new tools and concepts, and also interested to wrestle with applying tools to some of their own work. This true application can challenging and untidy at times, but is ultimately very important and impactful.
- Able to both understand and speak English at a level that allows them to participate fully in the hands-on program
- TOEFL iBT 72, IELTS 5.5, or TOEIC 740 would be good enough.
Director of the Designing for Social Systems at the Stanford d.school
Thomas Both is Director of the Designing for Social Systems Program at the d.school. In this program, he leads a fellowship for accomplished professionals to learn and apply human-centered design to complex social challenges, and facilitates workshops for social impact leaders to develop a more human and strategic practice.
At the d.school since 2009, the core of his work has been to design immersive hands-on learning experiences that provoke students, fellows, and professionals to try on new tools and behaviors, and develop their innovation practice. In a previous role, he created and facilitated the d.school workshops for executives, including the highly praised Design Thinking Bootcamp Executive workshop.
Thomas holds a Master's degree in Design from Stanford, achieved after a prior career as a mechanical engineer.
***Subject to change***
Day1 10:00 - 17:30
- 10:00 Introduction
- 10:45 Where can we best apply design? (lecture and discussion)
- 11:30 Reacquaint with Design Thinking Behaviors (exercises)
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Deeper Dive into Synthesis and Reframing (lecture and exercise)
- 15:30 Apply Reframing to own work (exercise)
- 16:45 Using Design Thinking approaches with colleagues; overcoming barriers (lecture and discussion)
Day２ 10:00 - 17:30
- 10:00 Welcome and Review Day 1
- 10:15 Systems Thinking Intro
- 12:00 Systems Thinking Activity (exercise)
- 12:15 Lunch
- 13:15 Systems Thinking Activity continued (exercise)
- 14:00 Framing and communicating design project work (lecture and exercise)
- 15:30 Using Design Thinking approaches with colleagues (exercise)
- 17:00 Final reflection
- 17:30 END
|Date||March 17-18, 10:00pm - 17:30pm|
|Location||Eirene Management School (Minato-ku, Tokyo)|
|Language||English(TOEFL iBT 72, IELTS 5.5, or TOEIC 740 would be good enough)|
*Participants need to be able to both understand and speak English at a level that allows them to participate fully in the hands-on program
|Registration Information||￥180,000（tax included：￥198,000）|
【 Important 】
Please check 「Admission Policy」「Payment & Cancellation」 「Cancellation Policy」before register.
※Part of the sales will be donated to a charity organization.
- Participation from the same organization is limited to 5 people due to group work.
- It is not possible to secure multiple seats with one person's name for registration. Each person who participates must apply individually with their own name.
- As soon as the capacity is full, the application will be closed.
- If you wish to issue a receipt or invoice, please fill in “1: Name, 2: Email” in the “Notes” column at the time of application. The PDF file will be sent by e-mail in advance.
- Please note that the event may be canceled if the minimum number of participants does not participate. In that case, we will contact you by e-mail 3 days before the event and refund the fee you paid.
- The event may be canceled due to inevitable accidents such as natural disasters, transportation accidents, or instructor illness. In that case, you will be notified by e-mail and this page. The fee you paid would be refunded fully, but transportation expenses to the venue will not be compansated.
- Before you apply, please review our cancellation policy